The Future of Work is Flexible Workspace and Hybrid Workforce
In the wake of the global pandemic, major business leaders have supported the thought to redesign the office spaces to better accommodate hybrid workforce. Let us look at what is Hybrid workforce.
Hybrid workforce is a group of employees that can work from a company’s workplace as well as remotely. If employees feel they are more productive in one location or a workplace setting that is most comfortable for them, the companies must seek to remain competitive by offering employees more flexible work options. A flexible work structure is possible only through a hybrid workplace model that puts the health, safety and psychological needs of workers first.
What is a Flexispace?
From the term flexispace or the flexible workspace we understand a shared office space that comes with several creative desk layouts designed to provide employees with different places and ways to work. This type of office space is fitted with basic equipment, like phone lines, desks, and chairs, internet setup, etc. that allows employees to have a temporary physical office for few hours every week or every month. Unlike the traditional office spaces, the flexible office spaces are a versatile space solution that are both cost and time-efficient.
Types of Flexible Office Spaces
Companies now have a flexible alternative where space allocation is not fixed. Here are some of the space options that businesses can choose from to maximize the benefits of a flexible office space on rent in Noida.
- Open Offices
- Coworking Spaces
- Managed Offices
- Private Offices
- Virtual Offices
• Open Office is open-plan work environment where all employees in all departments are accommodated in the same room. The entire floor space is equipped with rows of desks, and fewer storage places. For conducting spontaneous meetings with team or holding a client meet, separate space is required to facilitate this requirement. The tenants select the shared services they want, and these are bundled into the monthly rental rate. Open workspaces are the most cost-effective way of renting commercial space as only the floor space is paid for while having access to communal meeting rooms, internet connection and breakout spaces.
• Collaborative Coworking Spaces are essentially the shared spaces within an office, which places different businesses and people alongside each other. The tenants can hire either a single desk for self or multiple desks to fit the whole team; reserve a dedicated desk or operate from flexible desk in the available space; and even set up for the duration of their tenancy. This type of office space offers flexibility to small business owners with low scale of operations, and the start-ups at their initial stage of establishment and growth. Such businesses require a flexispace where they can rent a number of desks as per their need.
• Managed Offices are the fully serviced office spaces that are leased out to businesses in a commercial space, but with a difference. Unlike in the commercial leased office spaces, the responsibility of managing the entire office space is with the workspace host. It saves tenants all the hassle of hiring and paying for the staff to operate the space and setting up a brand new office in a new location. These spaces are move-in ready spaces to plug in and get to work in a professional environment. The managed offices provide additional administration or reception support through onsite service team to the businesses who prefer having a formal corporate office solution than a coworking or shared office. These offices are customizable to suit the needs of larger teams or big corporations.
• Private Offices are exclusively rented to an individual business entity and can accommodate up to 100 persons in a shared office facility. These are ideal for businesses that are interested in a quiet, confidential and secure space to work. These offices are lockable, and the tenants can leave their belongings while simultaneously interacting with others during their working day. Coexisting within an open communal office space, the tenants can enjoy all the frills of a coworking space, such as the IT and administrative support services, shared amenities and the events while keeping the operational costs down.
• Virtual Offices are similar to shared office spaces but without the physical space. Such spaces are ideal for companies or entrepreneurs who operate remotely or work-from-home, but require an official business address, call-handling and reception services. These are the most affordable office type because no actual renting of a physical desk space is involved. Tenants can occasionally use the physical office space or book a meeting room for conducting business meets.
Top 5 Workplace Trends Post COVID-19
Looking back on the continued uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the business leaders and organizations have redevised their work strategies to fulfill dual objectives: first, for the employees and second, for the business sustenance and growth. Let us briefly cover these trending workplace developments.
1. Focus on Mental Health
Businesses are now more focused on their people — the employees and the staff. Creating a mentally healthy workplace which is flexible and agile for the teams to thrive is the priority. Employers have been putting 40% more effort into promoting employee wellbeing. One such workplace benefit is allowing them to work remotely or work-from-home. This has helped employees achieve physical and mental wellness, and increased work productivity.
2. Hybrid Workforce
As we have mentioned earlier, the future of work is hybrid workforce. The world of work is changing, and so are the employee expectations. Organizations need to transform the workplaces to keep pace with the growing demand of work flexibility. Hybrid working model comprises of in-office employees and remote employees. The remote employees occasionally visit the office for collaboration and complete tasks mostly from home or the coworking spaces. The need for a flexible and resilient office space solution amidst speculations of a third wave of pandemic is the need of the hour.
3. Adoption of Digital Technologies
While preparing for the journey ahead, the learning, adjusting and leveraging of digital technologies in the workplace has been a great contributor towards the changing realities of work during a pandemic. During the pandemic, quarantines, lockdowns and self-isolation, most of the businesses have adopted the remote working model. With the foreseen recovery, many businesses now are preferring hybrid working model. To successfully implement either of the work-models, organizations must adopt digital technologies that not only supports their business but also empowers the remote workers through virtual collaboration without any hassle or security concerns.
4. Upskill and Reskill Existing Workforce
Amid COVID-19 crisis, the skills gap has widened. With the growing demand for digital transformation, learning and adjusting to newer technologies has become a critical factor in the sustenance of the business. This has in turn made it essential to retain staff and employees. Large corporations and SMEs have been implementing Employee Development Programs that will assist willing and able employees to upskill and reskill themselves. Acquiring new skillsets will enhance employee performance and boost their morale during after the pandemic.
5. Agile Workplace
During the unpredictable times that the recent pandemic has brought, the business leaders advocate the adaptation of agility across the entire workplace. In essence, agility at an organization level means molding the strategy and the structure (processes, people, and technology) toward a new operating model. Having an agile mindset towards how and from where to conduct a business and allocate resources accordingly will help organizations counter the negative effects of the crisis on the business and help in faster recovery. Agile workplaces thrive on collaboration, creativity and coworking. These collaborative workspaces help start-ups and other businesses sustain workers, share ideas, innovate alongside the rapid pace, and enhance productivity.
Let’s Connect India offer managed office spaces and coworking spaces at affordable prices. You can schedule a visit and look around the private offices and open networking spaces that we have to offer.
Founder & CEO at Let’s Connect Co-working Space & PolicyWings. In 2018, I started this new entrepreneurial journey with Let’s connect India, wherein I began with a coworking space that could accommodate about a hundred people. Afterward, I expanded that number to 350 seats in November 2019.
One year later, I took a plunge with this new start-up. In 2020, I booked three more properties for co-working space. Due to covid outburst, things are not happening as planned, however, I aim at starting with the expansion by August 2021.